Oct 23, 2008

Get away from her, you BITCH!

I recently asked a friend this question:

If you could be any movie CHARACTER (regardless of gender/life form/etc.) who would you be and why?

I liked his answer so much. It was perfect. But I digress. He then asked me what character I would be. I've been thinking about it and I have decided I would like to be Ellen Ripley. Now, let me explain why before you all decide I am insane.

First, she is a fierce, strong, commanding woman. This is always a plus as far as I am concerned. But at the same time she can be surprisingly gentle and motherly as seen in Aliens. She can handle just about anything that is thrown at her because she has to. She can control her emotions and be counted on to get through most anything (unless she is busy flinging herself off some ledge to her death)!

Second, she has a strong sense of self and a tremendous moral compass. While she is not above bending or outright breaking a rule it is always because it is necessary. She can be impetuous but for the most part she is very rational.

Third, she looks fucking good with a big ass gun strapped to her. And she comes back part alien and gets to kick some ass! Plus, she totally gets to have a thing with Corporal Hicks (a.k.a. Michael Biehn). Hell yeah!

No comments:

Post a Comment