Nov 5, 2008

Historical Times in the U.S.A.

I meant what I said about being glad the damn election is over. I am so tired of thinking about it all the time, hearing about it everywhere, and listening to complete strangers rant at me about what their beliefs are. Seriously, enough.

That being said, I couldn't help that notice that another monumental thing happened other than the election of our country's first African-American President. I don't know if anyone else watched his Victory speech, but I noticed something that was said that I cannot recall ever being said by a President-Elect. He mentioned the gays. Right there in Chicago on national TV after kicking the crap out of McCain. Word up, yo.

Also, I have never seen a more gracious concession speech than McCain's. He is truly a great American. I'm just really, really glad his cryptkeeper family didn't make it into the White House. Or his beauty queen evil sidekick.

No comments:

Post a Comment